Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Preparations for Time-Warp Nearly Finished

We're traveling to the future this evening, and time-warping over Christmas Day...call it our present to ourselves. Go International Dateline!

Our winter holiday trip is finally upon us, and everything has been a blur for a few weeks now.

Not that I've been posting too much here anyway, but soon there won't be much, since we'll be a half-a-world away and transplanted in the jungles of South-East Asia.

But, earlier today, we ran the last errand for our professional lives before vacation officially started: dropping items off at the Pasadena permit office.

I hadn't ever been to downtown, er, "downtown" Pasadena, so I was blasted by what I saw:



Mostly out of place looking, like as if the Hungarian parliamentary building was taken from Budapest and dropped in Argentina, this is Pasadena's City Hall.

Seriously, their city hall:


It could be part of a cathedral in southern Spain; it could be a capitol building for a South American nation; but nope. City Hall, Pasadena.

Check out the black letters below if you don't believe me (I wouldn't have believed it myself, had I not just gone earlier today):


This is almost as big as Sacramento's capitol dome, and is easily more spectacular than Oklahoma's state capitol building, the only state without a dome on its capitol.

Go Pasadena! Who'da thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment