Saturday, February 29, 2020

Happy Leap Day 2020

Before heading to bed this Saturday, this February 29th, I thought I should go check out my old posts and see if I wrote anything on the other leap years.

When I saw that I had contributed on both leap years in question (2012 and 2016), I decided to stave off bed and write a little acknowledgement.

It was funny, reading those right before writhing this. In 2012 we'd been back from Corrie's birthday trip to Central America for a few weeks, and I was still working at the restaurant. In 2016 Corrie was pregnant and we'd just returned from a trip to San Diego.

Now, in 2020, it's Saturday night and I'm assed out---hard---with a second tiny kid and in a constant state of weary. I love it, all of it, for sure, but as of right now I'm so very tired. It's a different kind of tired, different that when Cass was on wake-up-every-three-hours duty for that month after birth. That was...something else.

Anyway, happy Leap Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment