Wednesday, July 27, 2011

In the Details...

This is a minor post...

When I finished and published my last post, a few hours ago about Pete Rose and A-Rod, an ad next to the "...just posted successfully!" notice caught my attention.

It was an ad from blog2print, a company that specializes in turning folks' blogs into books. I raised my eyebrows. I'd be lying if I said I've never contemplated formatting the bulk of these musings into book form. Maybe a site that has the blogspot and wordpress format ingrained might be easier than whatever else I was imagining. After a second, I thought, nah, this probably won't be what I'm looking for, but I'll check it out anyway.

I knew the latter sentiment was right when I saw a "special" price: $14.95 for twenty pages in color. Twenty? I've got more pages that that this month. In any case, I followed some prompts to get a look at how the book could look. For the most cost effective way of dealing with photographs (which kinda goes against how I structure my posts) and going with their suggestion that I go with only the last three months, the price was almost $55 for one copy (each page past 20 costs a set amount).

I decided to get funky: I chose to the normal layout for dealing with photographs and told it to use all my posts. When you click okay on that prompt, the screen goes dark, and it says things like "Working on Book" and "Your Book's Almost Done", like an Orbitz screen checking for flights. When I told it regular-photo-display and all-posts, it looked like that for about six minutes.

When it finally showed up ready to display my "book", it said that the number of pages were too large for a single volume format. The digital copy I perused had almost thirty pages of "Table of Contents", and had almost six hundred pages of stuff.

And here I keep right on trucking, adding to the list...

1 comment:

  1. If someone were to purchase said book could it be autographed?

    ReplyDelete