Thursday, February 13, 2014

Brief Hiatus

I only have a few posts left about the Vietnam trip, but many things have been going on that otherwise I would have been posting about.

The Olympics, and my enjoyment of people who generally don't care about sports who suddenly care too much...

Also Derek Jeter's swan song! He's done after this year--going out without A-Roid on his side.

Alex Rodriguez! Syria's civil war! Brazil trying to become a global power! The World Cup!

Sherweezy's still homeless...

I finally am starting to get into David Guterson...

We're rearranging our living room...

Not that anyone cares so much, but I do care about finishing up this Southeast Asia narrative. It weighs on my neck like a millstone. Corrie said it's good that one of us is trying to rescue the experience from the clutches of memory and chisel it onto the stone of the interwebs. 

Last week the news said that the Pineapple Express, a large weather front consisting of rain and general misery, was hitting California like a sledgehammer. Like the rest of the country, California would now be getting some bad storms.

Down here, the weatherman mentioned, we might get a little dampness, and the temperature was going to dip into the low 60s. Oh the humanity...

3 comments:

  1. I'm so upset that Sherweezy is homeless.... I do care about reading your stories of your vacation.... but I understand and will wait for you to have time to so this. Once Sherweezy has found a home I would imagine your time will become very limited.
    We in AZ are missing the Pineapple Express.... suffering through warm weather... NOT... love the warm weather...... fearing what it might mean for summer though.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about 'bad'storms. The Donner got some white, like 8-12 inches, but most of that melted or slid away with the rain a couple days later. It's straight up creepy how little ice and snow there is up there. I NEED to read about the rest of your trip, so do it when you can, you know, for the fans. And what is this Sherweezy homeless stuff??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a longer response here before I posted those two most recent entries. It got lost somewhere...

    Sherweezy may have found a new home, but I'll tell you about that later...

    We have a crazy drought going on down here, like, literally four days of rain in the last seven months. And I know---I've been commuting by bike.

    ReplyDelete