Monday, June 9, 2014

One Day of Summer Break

Whew!

I've been occupied recently with a massive bear. It needed a shave, a haircut, and a bath. It took enough days (and weeks and months) just to get it hosed down with one of those kitchen sink hoses, not to mention the distaste that the bear showed during the hosing. Eventually I got the flea and tick shampoo lathered in, rinsed out, the buzzers shearing off layer after layer of grizzly growth.

Yesterday I was able to wrestle the bear to the ground, whip up some cream with the badger-hair brush than Dan got me for my birthday, layer the snarling and furious beast's muzzle, and shave it with my old razor.

The giant and scary task was finally completed, and I spent the rest of the afternoon melting into the couch, and, like I told my bear-shaving colleagues, to laze the day away drooling beer over my unshaven chin. My facial hair has returned in the absence of shaving everyday as I had been during my pre-summer-vacation activity time.

The One Day mentioned in the title of this post refers to the activities I have scheduled for my new gig on Tuesday and Wednesday, before we start resurfacing the floors in the bedroom. So, after finishing shaving that bear yesterday, the last of my bear-grooming activities, and before the new gig gives way to domestic duties, I have today as my one day of summer vacation.

I'm sure there will be more days, but I have many writing project plans, and I need to return to these neglected blogs, my focus having been for too long on grooming that bear.

Feels good to be "back"!

No comments:

Post a Comment