Thursday, July 28, 2016

Weirdness Upon Arrival Home

We left Sacramento after a week-long sojourn to have our little one meet family yesterday. We had been gone for a week, hung out in my brother's super air-conditioned house, did a little yardwork, visited (for the first time) and swam in Donner Lake with Norm and his boys, and spent Wednesday driving most of the day to arrive home again in Long Beach.

For this post, I'm using "weird" instead of "annoying."

Weird thing Number 1:


In our already-drastically-parking-impacted neighborhood, the forty spots across the street were taken up by a movie shoot. "Star Wagons", grips, teamsters grilling on the street...pretty cool if you don't live here ad need a place for a your car.

They left after midnight.

Weird Thing Number 2:

Tuxedo took issue with us leaving him with the infinity feeder for a week with Picasso, our still-rambunctious erstwhile kitten.

He showed this displeasure by spraying diarrhea all over the floors of the bedroom and litter-box room. He was smart enough to steer clear of the bed, or any actual furniture, and kept it mostly to the hardwood and linoleum.

So instead of relaxing after 10 hours of traveling from northern California to southern California, I spent an hour and a half devising ways to scrub the dried remnants of puddles of cat feces off of my floors.

It was the most gruesome thing I've ever dealt with, and I caught my baby. All night I couldn't get the smell of the plague ill-cat dookie out of my nose.

It was a horror show. Tux hasn't been avoiding us, but he knows he's on the List right now.

We were on his List, for sure, for a while there.

Now the apartment is almost back to normal, just in time for my father's visit. He arrives tomorrow.

I want to say a few things about Sac, but we'll see if I get to it. July was good for posts, my "Swamp Thing dissertation" (as my mother called it) notwithstanding, as I squeezed time in between naps for the Boy. August I decided a while back should be spent trying to get ready for work, so the posting may go back to a trickle.

Thanks to everyone we got to hang out with during our Sacramento---and Citrus Heights---trip: mom, Dan, 'Pita, Norm, Holly, Norman, Simon, and Jules.

No comments:

Post a Comment