Saturday, December 3, 2016

Working Weekends

As the year comes down to crunch time, I think back to a working Saturday two months ago. Sometimes it feels like it was just the other day; other times it feels like it was last year. 

It was held in a building in downtown LA that was also a studio, as the hallways were wall papered with the posters of their movies and television shows ("Liar Liar" was easily the biggest and most prestigious production for which they were responsible.)

I took the train, because that's what I do. Drive? Are you kidding me? Look at the traffic down the 110 at quarter-to-three on a Saturday:


It's moving at least, right? Slowly...

The travel fun didn't end their. Walking back to our place from the Long Beach stop, my path was mildly obstructed by the filming of some production of its own. They were letting locals walk past quietly on the sidewalk, and when I made the other side, I wheeled around a snapped a picture, trying to not look like an a-hole with a phone.


Judging by the two cars, one pristine old brown Benz with a joke vanity plate and one Benz shell of the same color with both camera and light mountings, this was a movie shoot.

This weekend has been in the forefront of my attention as the initial work to be put in based on what we learned there is coming up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment