Saturday, April 1, 2017

Recognition for a Useless Thing

I have a digital smart device, but I definitely don't utilize it's to the maximum abilities. 

In fact, I only really play The Simpsons: Tapped Out.

I don;t have Instagram, Snapchat, or Facebook on my phone. I don't use it for work, pulling off deals as I meander the streets from one meeting to another meeting. I barely even use it for map directions and traffic notifications.

Really, just this video game, and a sims-game at that. This is the first sims-type game I ever played (a "sims" game is a "simulation" game, where you build cities or civilizations, or send characters to do gigs, or both), but this is a Simpsons-sims game, and we get to relive many cool scenes or movies and get many spoken lines by many voice actors from the show.

Anyway, I've been playing since March of 2013 and have set up my city as similar to Venice as I could make it, with waterways everywhere.

I use a website to help out with clarifications every once in a while during events, and have it as a usual destination on my Interwebs travels.

Recently, after a mini-event, the fine, hard-working folks who run the website asked for submissions of screen captures of the gear from the mini-event. For the first time, I submitted a collection of screenshots I put together to show off how I set them up.

After the time was up, they put up thumbnails of their submissions. I perused them, knowing that since I'm a novice with Photoshop and needed to use Powerpoint for my tile job, I should be able to quickly find mine if it were chosen.

Which it was:


I circled it above, and the screen capture shows off some of my personal computer's bookmarks. Anyway, after clicking the thumbnail, I was brought to a familiar-to-me sight: a scene from my own Springfield: Rommelwood Island, the Eliminator obstacle and the barracks:


Like I've told other people, this is as close to the Simpsons as I've been in years, and it's as close to a video game as I've been since Ocarina of Time.

A new event has started and this link is buried deep in the scroll, to be long forgotten. Corrie was funny when I mentioned it. She was being honest and earnest, "Wow! Congratulations on being recognized for...something that...has no meaning and is...pretty much useless... Hey, at least it looks cool!"

She is a fan of my Springfield, mostly...

3 comments:

  1. Hey all,
    Certainly you are able to reach out to me And that i can help anybody who has an interest in Performing within the Online video Video games Field. I’m the head with the Video Video game Plan at Richland Faculty and you could find out all about it listed here: video blue

    ReplyDelete
  2. documentary lyrics This is a furious, offended film about neocolonialism in Argentina, and it’s the most devastating evaluate colonialism I’ve seen in nonfiction films.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This new international perspective and animation of Earth's town lights is usually a composite assembled from details obtained via the Suomi NPP satellite. This new details was then mapped around present Blue Marble imagery of Earth to deliver a practical look at on the World.

    Our Profile link: https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/jonhub1107

    Cooley On Cars is all about the most significant bit of tech in your lifetime: Your car. Brian Cooley gets his arms on every one of the substantial tech vehicles, reveals their new technologies and reveals you the way they execute in the real world.

    Vidmate also incorporates entry to downloading applications and online games on Android correct from throughout the app. If you want to update them, you’ll should head to other tools like Google Enjoy or Uptodown to update each of the applications and find out new options for Vidmate.

    One of the selections for Vidmate, you’ll also get to incorporate secondary video portals that don’t surface on its principal interface. There are actually above 20 distinct solutions offered that you simply gained’t need to use almost every other search engine to seek out, and you’ll reach retail store any clip you need.

    Our Profile link: https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/jonhub1107

    ReplyDelete