Monday, July 2, 2018

Lazy Monday Mornings of Summer

The Red Devils are taking on the Blue Samurai on channel 11 right now.

We have trips to plan, boxes to ready for a storage unit, safety bars to get for our second-story windows, but right now I'm chillin' watching a World Cup knock-out-stage game, Belgium vs Japan.

And I love the full color outfits: Red vs Blue. No white kits here; almost looks like a Crips vs Bloods match from afar.

I was thinking about soccer kits the other day instead of doing other chores. Every four years I end up down a rabbit hole of thoughts about laundry, it looks like.

I like international teams that I can recognize with the sound off from a distance. Like: canary yellow shirt and blue shorts = Brazil; sky-blue and white vertical stripes shirts and black shorts = Argentina; solid sky-blue shirts and black shorts = Uruguay; red shirts and blue shorts = Spain; solid red shirts and shorts with green socks = Portugal; solid blue shirts, shorts, and socks = Japan; solid red shirts and shorts and socks = Belgium...

And two of these teams are playing each other.

A whole bunch of my books arrived the other day, and I have a few more projects I should be working on...but...lazy days help recharge my batteries...


I need to make some changes to those proofs, like changing some cover issues and fixing a few typos, but it's still work.

Yesterday there was a crazy accident outside the apartment, which happens too often:


LeBron has signed with the Lakers, my Yankees beat their own record for team homers before the All Star break, Uruguay has reached the quarterfinals and will face a tough French team...

I sliced a hunk of meat from my left index finger, but it's growing back nicely.

Lazy summer Monday mornings...

1 comment:

  1. amazing accident photo's and I guess now that the boy can climb quite well you do need to protect those windows...
    I'm guessing you will let us know when we can purchase some new summer reading material... are you heading to the cabin? enjoy your time.

    ReplyDelete