Saturday, August 17, 2019

Transported Through Time...

I had a meeting in DTLA a while back, and on a walkabout during a break, I found myway to my favorite store in downtown LA, The Last Bookstore. 

As I waited in line to get my book---well within budget---I found a box with the following wax-packs for sale:


Who does that look like to you?

Anyway, for only a quarter I figured I get a couple packs for Cass. I flipped the pack over to check out the date they were produced: 1988.


Oh, and they weren't a quarter a piece, they were two bucks a piece.

And maybe I would save the thirty year old gum for myself.

The cards, which I surprisingly didn't remember, since I was definitely collecting cards at that time, were a followup to the highly successful 1962 Mars Attacks cards.

These were known for their violence and gore, like the 1962 series. And they are gory. I've only given the Boy one pack so far, and some of the cards are truly awesome:


The sticker didn't stick, because why would a thirty-year-old sticker still stick?

As for the gum...

It turned to dust in my mouth as I tried to chew it. It tasted like mildew and bubblegum-flavor, whcih was, eh, unpleasant.

Great discovery...

1 comment:

  1. Wow.... those are great pictures..... I'm not sure I would have tried the gum.....

    ReplyDelete