Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Late Night Editing

The stupid N key on this computer is crapping out, which makes this whole thing annoying...

Anyway, late last night I hit a groove in my attempt to rekindle some of my more creative motivations, and I was up late heavily editing something I wrote in the last pre-9/11 spring or summer.

As my experiment with vanishing a narrator went deeper, as I hemmed and hawed over how best to deliver action sequences, as I deleted the showy shit kids write to announce their triumph over words, I ended up composing one of the weirdest sentences I may have ever written. And in the context of the moment in the narrative it does its job, and it won't be as weird is it will look in a second, fully stripped of context.

But I wrote it. And I stopped and reread it...so, this is where we are...

Here it is, a weird collection of words:

"Five tiny electric tornadoes simultaneously teased out the atomic mist."

It makes full sense in the continuity of the previous and following sentences. Pretty sure, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment