Saturday, December 28, 2019

2019: Year in Review

This year started and we were about to STRIKE.

Later on, we went to Italy, and later still we went to Orlando. This year I wrote about most of it, most of that, anyway.

These entries probably exhibit the best of this year's writing by me, as judged by me. I'm sure I left some things out, but that's how it goes sometimes. But, the way I got the links, show it going in the reverse direction, with the most recent posts first and ending back in January.

First up was our Kayak Trip in Orange County. Just a beautiful Saturday afternoon family adventure.

Next up is one of my favorite things I've written for this site, about going to help some friends as they had their second kid, aptly titled Answering the Call.

The piece I'm including from the Orlando trip has what I call the Airport Scene, something that really happened that will stick with me forever.

In Italy this June I realized, and later lamented, our species' current near-total Reliance on our Phones.

The reason we went to Italy in the first place is lengthily summarized here: International Pynchon Week 2019

I started this blog, Caliboy In Brooklyn, back in 2009, while living on Halsey, between Malcolm X and Patchen, and this year I discovered a tidbit of history about one of those namesakes: Connecting to CaliboyInBrooklyn's Past.

This is the last piece for this Year in Review, and dates back to January. I've included it because it was the only thing I actually wrote while we were on STRIKE itself: Ruminations While on STRIKE.

Sometimes I think these Year in Review posts are really for me, so I can easily find specific pieces that stick out in my memory.

Happy 2019. Happy 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment