Monday, February 15, 2021

The Difference a Year Makes

My phone shows me pictures from years past, like many other people's phones. This year I was reminded of last year's Valentines Day, when I snapped a picture of my new (at the time) two kids. Here's a collage of the two, almost a year apart:


But in the moment, I was reminded of a year ago.

A year ago...

No pandemic yet, my son was still diapered, my daughter was a tiny flesh blob...

Now we're still on lockdown, going on 11 months, the Boy confidently pees in the street whenever necessary, and Babygirl is a walking talking bosslady. 

The world is good. 

Except it's surely not. Society is still fraying (even though we won in November...well..."we"...), and the climate is still careening towards oblivion.

Well...life goes forward...

1 comment:

  1. want to know what's really scary?? I can remember you and your brother like that.... and in 90ish some odd days my baby will be 40, eek.....

    ReplyDelete