Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Kindergarten Comes Once for us All

My son had his first day of kindergarten a few weeks ago, and while I saw many people posting pictures of their kids' first days of school, I refrained. Social media was flooded with those kinds of pics, and I felt like I needed to zig while everyone else zagged. Or some other cliché...

But, here I am, on my own thing, celebrating my awesome little dude, on his first day of kinder:


He had his hair shaved into the Travis Bickle for the mohawk effect, and does well by his masks. He's so big and tall, but you only really notice when he's around his friends, being nearly a head taller than most everyone at school.

His compassion is strong, and the violence against sister is mostly incidental and not by design. He's awesome and I love him more than just about every single thing in this universe. He's my favorite dude, and I hope that he starts to understand that we need him to infiltrate the patriarchy from the inside, as that's the only way we're going to bring it down.

We tell it to him all the time, so time will tell whether he's buying the message.

Keep loving books, Boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment