Friday, December 31, 2021

Year in Review: 2021

Last year, I think I took a pass on this. Well, at least on the reminiscing, because...duh, right?

This year I'm gonna take a HARD pass. Last year (2020) my daughter was born. This year? More calamities than I care to remember, on top of the ongoing and seemingly never-ending global health crisis.

In any case, I thought I'd put together some links to things I wrote this year that represents some of the better content I came up with, or trips that defined the year.

Also, Betty White died. I read that if you add up all the leap years she lived through, she makes it to 100 years on the planet.

Anyway, Caliboy in Brooklyn in 2021 (in reverse chronology):

  1. Tubing Attempt with Cass
  2. Thanksgiving drive to Austin, TX
  3. I just can't get Anna Burns' Milkman out of my head
  4. Wedding on the Yucatan
  5. Random Thing about Irish Authors, et. al.
  6. Cabin Trip, 2021: Fire Season
  7. Ants, Baby! I forgot about this one...
  8. RIP Hank Aaron, GOAT
  9. "Problematic Reverence," shortlisted for "Most Important Post from Caliboy in Brooklyn"
I didn't feel like I wrote so much this year, and I have some drafts waiting to be finished, but they won't be before the end of 2021.

Happy New Year everyone! Take care and hug your loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment