Tuesday, February 22, 2022

When we were young!

Getting old is a funny thing.  Necessary thing, but funny. Sleep funny and your neck hurts for a whole week. For someone like me who's worked on my feet for decades, put me at my dinner table talking into my laptop for a year for work, and my leg nerves act up.

For a different aspect of work, I went digging up old pictures from the Italian village of Pisa back when we visited in 2005. I started looking through the various other folders when I eventually found them (since I have too many laptops):

Three are not shown; that makes 8

What I found that I'd like to share today were some pics of me and Corrie getting dressed up (for a couple of heads on month two of backpacking through Europe), and heading to dinner in Paris:


In my one button up shirt, but it seemed like it had warmed up finally on the trip.

And Corrie, looking smashing in a shirt she bought in Venice:


I'm not one to wistfully pine for my youth. On some days I feel like that trip, now seventeen (!!!) years back, was no more than just a few spots ago, whatever "spots" may mean.

Paris is one of the places, man, one of the special cities in the world. And you're never too old to experience it, or again for some of us. 

Getting old doesn't have to be a fight. Sometimes it's nice to reminisce. Just to take stock of where we've been. Maybe appreciate it all someday

1 comment:

  1. You both look so great in those pictures... maybe some day when travel can happen again I will get to Europe, I'd love to see Italy and Austria.... but now not only do I have a virus to worry about but an idiotic Russia

    ReplyDelete