Monday, May 2, 2022

Check the Box

Look at the back of my kids' Cheerios box:


Ice-T! Ice-T is on the back of the cereal box. This has got to be some kind of metaphor for VICTORY that I'm struggling to put into words properly.

This is the same dude who wrote LGBNAF! He started a metal band named Body Count and released the controversial song Cop Killer.

Side note: I remember asking my dad about all the anger and negativity to the Cop Killer song...I mean, it looks like the cops are always beating on Black people, and didn't Clapton release the song "I Shot the Sheriff"?

My dad smiled, corrected me on the fact that "I Shot the Sheriff" was originally a Bob Marley song, and that the whole episode was what racism looks like when it's not just about violence.

Ice-T! I mean...didn't he win an Emmy yet for that cop show he's on?

2 comments:

  1. Okay.... I admit I've spent way too much time trying to figure out what Poury our heart means... Whats Poury?? well DUH woman it's Pour Your Heart.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not a great word-mark design. But, yeah, you got it.

    ReplyDelete