Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Memorial Day Weekend 2022: An Intro

So...

My mom has been sending letters each week through the mail, and has since May of 2020. Those and the postcards to my kids are her noble attempt to keep USPS solvent. Most often the letters resemble the day-to-day minutiae of many of these blog-posts, and in them these letters have a relative.

The most recent letter has a summary of Memorial Day Weekend 2022, my mom's longest letter to date, a four-pager that seemed to be written all in a single session. It's probably better than anything I could write about this celebratory time. Things included:

  • My cousin's wedding
  • Spending all day one day at the ocean in Santa Monica
  • A trip to Legoland in northern San Diego County
  • Norm and his two boys staying with us in our apartment.
After reading the letter, I've been inspired to create a companion piece. That should be appearing here piecemeal over the next few days.






1 comment:

  1. Those are two of my favorite pictures of the weekend... I have several favorite pictures but these two are such great personality pieces.

    ReplyDelete