Sunday, August 28, 2022

Pizza Sampling Date Night

We were invited to a small birthday celebration, and by "we" I mean Corrie and me, as adults, like no kids. It was a date night! Earlier the same Saturday (yesterday, incidentally) we had a different birthday party for one of Cass's friends. There were certainly kids there, as well as dinosaurs and a video game trailer. Um...


The side panels opened up for Nintendo Wii action, and the old folks (like me and other parents) played a round of Bowling after I shot three holes of golf. It was nifty.


At night, the dinner discussion was fun and nerdy, as the host purchased four separate pizzas from four separate establishments:


In the picture above, starting with the biggest and heading clockwise, the establishments are: Little Coyote; SpeakCheesy; Michael's; and Thai Curry Pizza.

Michael's is down the street from us and is cooked on a wood-burning oven like I used in SLO and NYC. They don't cut the pie, as is tradition. It looks like SpeakCheesy also uses a wood burning oven, but I haven't been inside. The Thai Curry Pizza entry was pretty good---exotic and kinda what it sounds like---but it was probably the least best one of these four. 

Little Coyote is new and trendy and has all sorts of gourmet and weird concotions, each more exciting and better than the previous. One pizza they have is an Elote Pizza, complete with dollops of mayo that cook into a custard.

The six of us put a hurting on the pizza:


Two of the people at the dinner live very close to us and gave a lift home, so we didn't need to use Uber. My week was rather crazy, and this was a nice capper.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry, I don't believe that I could enjoy pizza with Mayo. The SpeakCheesy looks interesting. Love the Dinosaur, I can't imagine finding a Dino wrangler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand the reservations about mayo on pizza. I was incredulous. But I had a bite and it was different than I was expecting. Because mayo is an emulsification, when it was baked at high a temperature, it turned into a tangy and savory custard instead of generally funky goo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry...this pizza was NOT the elote (corn, mayo, and tangy spice powder) pizza. It was something else with tiny tomatoes, sausage, and fresh mozz.

    ReplyDelete