Monday, April 17, 2023

Rare View

We drove to Phoenix this past weekend, there on Saturday and back on Sunday. All the rain we've gotten recently made the normally lunar-surface looking hills on the drive up 91 to 60 and into Riverside all beautiful and green:


Taking pictures from the speeding car can be tacky, but it was bizarre to see the hills look like this.


The days are few when this happens, and especially when we make the drive.

But since my mother's moving next week, we're way less likely to make this particular drive again anytime soon. The drives to the Farm take another route, and my mom's new location will be about as far from the Farm as she was from us in LA. Maybe a little closer, even, and we won't have to drive through LA in either direction.

Although a 5.5 hour drive after the 18 to Clarendon, TX, means that those trips will also be rare...like us seeing the desert in flashy bloom.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so very much for coming to see me before I left. It was short and I'm sorry I had weekend plans I couldn't get out of on Saturday. LOVED seeing you and your family.

    ReplyDelete