Sunday, September 10, 2023

There's a Simpsons Reference for Everything

For those of us of a certain age, Simpsons quotes may come rapid fire. They fit so many different scenarios while also being fantastically hilarious. Sometimes they're so far ahead of a curve, it takes years to figure it out. Like that time Homer danced with Princess Jasmine, and Bart's photograph of them went viral (before that phrase came to be what it's called now in 2023) in 1990:


Anyway, during Long Beach's contentious mayoral campaign this past year, I got the following mailer:


I was like, "Good on him, but what's with the ominous ad?" I realized it was from his opponent, a wealthy pro-police business woman. When I realized just what exactly was going on, my Simpsons-tuned brain went to this scene immediately:

    
EVEN MAYORAL CAMPAIGNS CAN BE FODDER FOR SILLY SIMPSONS REFERENCES.

1 comment:

  1. ah the Simpsons.... a show I wouldn't let you watch when you were younger....boy was I wrong on that count.... I'm sorry.... it is a great show....

    ReplyDelete