Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Limited Time Flavors...?

On a trip tot he grocers the other day I noticed two different "limited time" flavored options at the checkout, in the impulse buy zone. The first was this style of potato chip:


Um...what? At first I thought it was an accident. But ketchup is a pretty rad combo of flavors---salty, sweet, savory, and tangy---a combo that it took me far too long to appreciate. It seems basic, but it seems like it could be good. I would try them if someone offered, but since I never buy chips like this anyway, I would likely avoid them. (Writing about it now...I may try them...just to say I did, like I did with the 'dill pickle' peanuts a while back (those were NOT good)).

The next made more sense, given the season:

These I would try, and I do like eggnog. Er, occasionally. We get at least one jug of the nog each season, and we like to cut it with whiskey. At least the kids like it, too---sans whiskey. What exactly is the flavor? All spice and cream?

Both is a single trip to the store, good times.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy a shot glass of eggnog a year.... any more of that and my milk sensitivity gets really angry... as for the chips they'd be a hard pass... but I do remember when you were fond of green or was it purple ketchup.

    ReplyDelete