Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Found in our Underground Parking Garage

What bizarre stuff awaits us in the bowels of our building? Mostly soot and gasoline fumes, galvanized rubber odor and the sounds of a creaky chain-operated door.

I park up against a chainlink fence, but next to Corrie's Subaru. It was a trade off: you can park next to each other, but it also means that you won't be able to get in on the passenger side. We worked it out.

Anywho, each day when I reverse into my spot, and each day when I drive away, I glance over at an old Star Wars poster right behind the chainlink fence:


On the top it reads: "The Original is Back," which I took to mean that it was an advertisement for a re-release of the OG Star Wars. The poster is on cardboard, so...cool. Maybe it's worth some cash, but being exposed to the quality of air in the garage is probably less than ideal. 

But eventually I had the time to read the gray slashing marquee on the bottom righthand corner:


Can you read it? Do you see it? The original was being released to keep attention high for the upcoming third installment called "THE REVENGE OF THE JEDI."

This poster was made back before they'd changed the name from REVENGE to RETURN. Lucas decided that Jedi wouldn't be seekers of revenge, so he opted to change the name.

So...this poster would be worth even more...? I'm guessing? I just don't have the energy to pursue anything like that...and to do it for my nominal landlords would be annoying, because I wouldn't be ripping them off...

Anyway, pretty wild little bit of history that I'd been looking at for years before realizing what exactly it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment