Saturday, September 25, 2010

Odds and Ends Since Returning from the Trip

All is well in the school. My authority as Principal is unquestioned and--(muffled wresting of a microphone)
Teachers! We're on strike!

Sorry, for some reason "All is well" was how I thought I should open up this weak and tiny post about not writing about our trip out west (back home in some regards, like my blog's title), and then it just wrote itself.

The trip to see everyone, Dan and Lupita, Norm and Holly, Robbie and Jess, Ryan and Jules, Joe and Kelly, Sam and Aurie, Jimmy and Christine, Ken and Christine, both Donny's, and even Rich and Lara was a refreshing success. Trying to train my weary body to get used to working doubles--and about 15-17 hours a day--again has been rough. I'll be posting a few posts about our new apartment, the cool Iraqis I work with, and our trip probably on Monday, since I won't be working the night job. We'll see.

One nice thing about the trip: We didn't drive on I-5 at all. San Jose to Sac on 680, Sac to Fresno on 99, Fresno to SLO on 41, SLO to San Mateo on 101. Tiny towns all along the way and no trip broke four hours, most barely topped three (mainly because of the way I leadfooted that rental Mazda).

1 comment:

  1. Bash I-5 you want.. it is the fastest way to get from Phoenix to Northern CA in the summer. I'm really glad you had a great time on your vacation I saw on facebook that you went to Winchester in San Jose, that is quite a strange place, the gardens are well kept.

    ReplyDelete