Wednesday, December 7, 2011

"...Cat...in the furnace...

I use Simpsons lines probably too often in everyday life, as well as on this blog, but the propensity I used to show has dropped off substantially in the past few years. I think that's due to the usual group of people I spend time with aren't as keyed in as my San Luis people. Corrie now gets most references, but most people I work with or hire are either too old or far too young.

In any case, I'm obviously not talking about putting a cat in the furnace, but rather, I thought the line was good to discuss two things that I notice everyday, namely, my cat and my wall furnace.

We've, down here in Southern California, been hit by a cold spell recently. I know what some people might be thinking; what, it's down 60 degrees? Well, yeah, it hits 60 on it's way to the upper 30s and low 40s. That's been the recent really cold spell, but before then it had been down to the mid 50s, and since our windows are single pane, we fired up the old furnace to pump out some warmth.

Well, one fella interested in the pumping heat has been our little fur-ball, Tuxedo. He's even stopped sleeping on the bed with us in favor of being in the furnace blast zone, a position he's sleeping in now as I type this. I have some different pictures from the past few days, taken randomly as I walked by; out to the dentist--take a picture of Tux; taking the garbage out--picture of Tux; off to work--picture of the cat.

Here are a few. Nothing gets old for a cat.



No comments:

Post a Comment