Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Changing Air

The air has changed.

I can tell. I've spent far too much time in our apartment as the summer's slipped away and autumn's come upon us. Now that I'm able to go on limited excursions, I've noticed how the air has changed.

All summer the apartment would slowly bake until the afternoon, when it would reach sauna proportions, and hold that heat until past darkness, which came after eight pm.

Nowadays the darkness starts earlier, the sun isn't as beating, and outside the air has changed. It's the pressure, maybe. It's autumn.

The apartment doesn't get as roasting, if the confinement is now worse with my growing mobility.

It's a beautiful thing, this changing air. It feels good on my face and arms and gnarled struggling legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment