Thursday, September 6, 2012

More Sidewalk Grilling

On Labor Day, the American day of grilling and 18-hour sales, we took to our sidewalk once again to set fire to some coal briquettes and grill up some carved muscle.

This time we had cow, corn, a few bulbs of garlic, and a hobo pack of green beans.


The corn went on last. But it takes the longest, so...it also takes up the most room. We did it up slow at the end. (Mash that garlic with softened butter and spread on the corn...oh man!)

Beer was involved, as witnessed by me taking pictures of my shadow. But I do like a good shadow picture...maybe I'll put together a Shutterfly book of shadow and reflection pictures.

This was at the golden hour time of day, which is coming earlier and earlier around here in Long Beach.


Corrie and I are like this, sitting in chairs, on the grassy section of the sidewalk but not in the pedestrian walkway, and both reading Haruki Murakami books:


As the sun sets I'm finishing up the corn. Beer and crutches are also visible for those with a keen eye.


I was used to working Labor Days in the past, but they tended to be slow days in that industry. I do like setting fire to briquettes and cooking over them, and why not have a day to do just that?

1 comment:

  1. Garlic button on corn... yummy.... we need to find a better place to get corn... the grocery store we shop at (doesn't require a card to get the lower prices....don't get me started) has the worst product.... and I love your shadow shots....

    ReplyDelete