Saturday, February 23, 2013

Post 900!

This marks the 900th post on this, the original Caliboyinbrooklyn weblog. I did some calculations on the totality of my other posts, from my usual stable of of blogs, as well as some that probably nobody knows about (like, does anyone known that I keep a tumblr account?)(there're only two posts over on it, but still...) and my final tally of posted posts including this one: 1447.

2009 was in Brooklyn;
2010 was in Texas;
2011 was my 20/month reserve, and is mostly California, but there's definitely some Texas there;
2012 was all California and the explosion of the Caliboy Network;
2013, and we'll see how it shapes up, seeing as how today is my book signing for Robot Crickets.

I haven't really been screaming about my first published book on, well, any of my blogs, really. That could be a fault...

Earlier today, while preparing for this specific post, I started to look up information on 1447, like maybe, did anything cool happen that year, or were there any cool facts about the integer. Then I realized that I had to get the hell out and get my last rounds of preparations done. That consisted of a handful of face-to-face friendly reminders that tonight was the night, and that the other small-business owners were going to be there.

Gathering local small business owners was a task I set for an ulterior motive for the signing, so maybe interest might peak a little higher, and that ultimately I'm comfortable in a role of community facilitator. I found that by telling the small business owners I talked to that the other owners were being supportive and showing interest, that I turned that conjecture into fact. It was a cool and mostly successful social experiment.

In the year 1447, Vladimir Dracul II, prince of Wallachia, a (mostly mad Magyar) leader best known as the inspiration for Dracula, was assassinated. So that's something...

Here's something else:


Thanks to my readers and supporters throughout the aether and on more solid ground.

1 comment:

  1. congrats on the blog posts numbers and congrats on the book signing.... I had fun...

    ReplyDelete