Thursday, May 30, 2013

Happy Birthday Norm!

So, good buddy, we had a blast this past weekend. I'm not sure if you noticed how Tyler's eye lit up a when he saw the subtitle for that CCF book (How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Rob the Terrorists). That's kinda what I was hoping for from that audience.

The pictures Jules took look pretty great, and here's one Corrie took of the two of us, where somehow I look both angry and taller than you, which, of course, neither was/is the case:


This seems like a good place to announce that while my posting will be light, I've been planning on a series of Robot Cricket-like pocketbook paperbacks that are various collections of polished blog posts. I was thinking of calling them, like the column on the left, Essential Caliboy, but more likely The Essential Caliboy Series. Currently I'm looking at between 9 and 12 separate little (or not so) pocketbooks, a collection of some of the very best from the blogs that can be taken anywhere (or sent anywhere) and can help raise the profile of this enterprise before I go after my first novel.

Would taking the posts off the blogs fundamentally change their status as Literature? Likely not, since it's just a type of content.

Maybe in the memories of the people who know, there was a piece I wrote while living in New York called "Forgery for Lingerie". It was fully before my blogging era by two years, but it completely prefigures one of my types of posts. I'll be getting into that more in a separate pocketbook paperback, actually.

So...eh...Happy Birthday Norm!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Norm.... adopted son o'mine.....

    cool more books.....

    ReplyDelete