Saturday, January 21, 2017

Quality Time

Perspective comes to those on occasion when they need it most.

Having a baby around is usually the vehicle for perspective for me these days, but my job has it's own share of opportunities. Like the other day...

I have a charge who is a dishwasher by night, being abused for between 35 and 42 hours a week (I tell him it's because he shows up that they gave him a raise on the day he went in and tried to quit). He also plays drums and is into rock music.

We had the following exchange the other day after I started to think about it:

Me: Oh man, do you know John Bonham?
Him: Um...maybe...uh, no?
Me: (!!!!!)

...Next Day...

(After going to my car) Me: Come here and listen (starts playing the random Remasters CD from car)
Him: WHOA!

I INTRODUCED A YOUNG DRUMMER TO LED ZEPPELIN! HOW MANY CHANCES DO PEOPLE HAVE TO INTRODUCE TEENAGERS TO LED ZEPPELIN?

Turns out plenty, these days I guess. Karma-wise I may be good for the whole year for doing good deeds, right?

My son is sick, but you still need to spend quality time exploring your neighborhood:


Or the reedy dragons as you try to get as much use out of the Aquarium pass as possible:


That sucker's over a foot long!

Cass does well for a bit, and then he's only into other kids:


So we try flying a kite:


Or another trip to the Aquarium:


673 global marches today in protest of president orange roughy. How awesome.

I'm working on a post that's a bit alarming to someone like me, and I wanted to do something with pictures on my phone...

No comments:

Post a Comment