Friday, March 17, 2017

The Meme-Sequel

"The Stations of the Beer Baron" 
in the Medium of Meme
The Sequel

I got busy with a gut full of salted beef.

I thought I'd go through and find another fourteen screen captures from The Simpsons Season 8 episode "Homer Versus the Eighteenth Amendment," 

Last year I had a thoughtful dialogue with myself about the medium of meme and how the Simpsons is either the parent of, or built for, the concept of the "meme" (pictures mixed with sentence fragments).

I may like some of these even better than the mandatory ones from last year.

So, with that, I have to say, it's been one of those days:


I thought they had a clearer shot of Nelson's face...the moment everyone sees Bart without green and Lisa's knowing face centering the whole thing:


Marge is so in touch with her emotions. Like "looking:"


More of a meme for a meme's sake:


Quimby and Wiggum are the easiest one-joke characters in the industry (corrupt and stupid/bad respectively), and the diversion is a classic Simpsons joke that they probably took from somewhere else:


The importance of the alcohol itself:


Too easy...


The honesty of the pandering I always loved:


This is one of the best composed scenes in this season:


This is how you come up with ideas, apparently (I should try it...):


I do this kind of thing at the Dollar Bookstore:


Don't tell anyone...


Before...before!


We used to do this kind of thing in the dorms:

No comments:

Post a Comment