Thursday, August 3, 2017

Things My New Phone has Said to Me

I went swimming with my old phone, then went on a long trip with no connections (pretty cool), and have since procured a new phone. It was prety cheap when we signed on for another two years, as we've found a company, Credo Mobile, that supports progressive causes.

Anyway, this new phone turns out to be one of THE new phones, the Samsung Galaxy S8. It's pretty damn fancy.

It has a thumb print recognition to unlock, if I so desire. But it also has a retina scan unlock option.

My phone has a retina can unlock option. Ohhh kaaay.

Sometimes it seems to have a brain of its own, and it has said some strange things to me.

After having it for a few days I noticed a little message. I swiped to read it. It said:

"It looks like you go to bed at 21:59. Would you like to check your alarm for tomorrow?"

Now, going to be before ten pm would be awesome, but frankly it's unrealistic at this (and likely any future) point in my life. Why would my phone think my it could tell my bedtime? Is that when I stopped using it the first few nights?

The second thing has happened a few times and makes me laugh each time. My phone has suggested multiple times:

"Change your phone number for security sake?"

WHY WOULD I WANT TO CHANGE MY PHONE NUMBER? Only five people call me, and I need them to have my phone number!

So weird.

So goes the fancy new tech shit in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment