Monday, April 2, 2018

Out of the Past

It's been 30 years since Tim Burton's Beetlejuice was released. Ah, 1988...in those years in between doesn't it seem like the originality of a movie like Beetlejuice would cause it to NEVER get made these days?

Maybe as a television series on Hulu or something? It seems so weird and odd.

Here's an interesting article on the history of the movie, how it got made and the like.

It was released on March 30th, 1988 (according to the Internet), and Police Academy 5: Assignment Miami Beach was released on April 6th, 1988. My birthday is on April 9th, and my party was going to be spent partially at the movies with my buddies (if I remember correctly).

I bring up Police Academy 5 because that was my choice for the movie with my friends. My mother vetoed that for some weird ghost movie.

Of course we all loved it and it has become a re-watchable classic. In the sixth grade for a pizza party near the end of the year we settled on the VHS Beetlejuice as our movie choice. Two kids from a pretty severe religious sect weren't allowed to partake in watching the movie (occult reasons, maybe?), and our teacher fast-forwarded through the brothel scene, but overall it was greatly enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment