Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Simpsonized!

My brother's birthday gift arrived today, and it's awesome:


I guess he found an art group that will take photos of loved ones and turn them into Simsponized versions.

Two things I noticed from this:

  1. It got my wristwatch correct---on my right wrist, like a left-handed person (I always put my watch on my right wrist, even though I'm nominally right handed (I was switched in kindergarten from lefty to righty));
  2. Over the years both Corrie and I have become brunettes? Really?
I've been noticing pictures lately from the last few years and in each one my hair looks darker and darker. I used to be blonde, or strawberry blonde---like some days it would look more reddish and other days more golden. This was back when it was still really long.

Then the gold started to get darker and darker, and now that it's short, the gold has given way to bronze almost, but certainly not the lighter shade of yellow it sported back in high school. Maybe it was always a dynamic collection of colors and thicknesses.

I read that certain things on your body change over the years as you mature in the adult years, before the Old sets in with the graying of the hair (if you still have it). It said that as the result of hormones things will darken...hair, areolas, genitals. The hair darkening was due to eumelanin, a hormone that makes dark hair and gets turned on later in a person's life.

Anyway, thanks Dan! Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment