Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Crafty Seasonal Decorations

We got into the spirit of the Halloween season with some crafty window decorations. How quaint. Apparently we're letting our suburban side show...


Corrie did the cutting and gave the kids the choices on what design would pass muster. Then Cass and Camille (but mostly Cass) told me where to put them from the outside. I made the web using the string we had leftover from our Decemberween-tree purchases each year:


The cat, tree, and graveyard are very masterful, and I believe Cass cut the bats:


I really liked the cutout of the witch on the moon...

At one point Corrie said, "Maybe we should move the tree up to---" to which I had to cut her off.

"Eh, I don't think any of these are moving from these spots. Not sure they'll survive..."

It was a very traditional afternoon, something we don't really engage in normally. We have enough 'bike-rides to the beach' and 'scooter trips to the playground' that normal suburban-type 'sit and craft some window decals' is novel.

Maybe that's novel for everyone, and my consideration of it being 'traditional-suburban' says more about me. 

Anyway, Happy Season! Cass decided on our Halloween costume and I'll show pictures as we get closer. (Or zoom past it.)

1 comment:

  1. Those are very cool decorations. I like the cemetery scene. The witch and moon is very cool too. My outside the house decorations are gone, only inside remain.

    ReplyDelete