Friday, November 4, 2022

Costume Season

After last year, I knew Halloween would take more effort. Last year I took Cass to get a costume in the second half of October. The line for the costume store came out the door and wrapped around the corner of its stripmall location. In the same vicinity was a Target, and its costume aisle was thrashed.

We came away with a nice Black Panther outfit. Cass looked rad, but I learned that my lagging won't be cutting it moving forward.

Me being anxious about how much effort I would need to expel expressly ignored the fact that my kid is a human---big for his age, sure---but a tiny human who has ideas and feelings about things. He had an idea he wanted to do for Halloween (wait, I don't need to make a decision? Sweet...), it required minimal effort for me (but plenty for Corrie--d'oh!), and was a group plan.

We were the Scooby-Doo mystery solving team:


Corrie was Daphne, Camille was Velma, I was Fred and Cass was Shaggy. As beautiful as my kids are, Corrie and I rocked the look best. At work, on Day 3 of wearing the Fred costume, I chose a different blue shirt, as this one looked nearly black.

Anyway, at work, was when I saw too ladies dressed as Velma and Daphne, I joined them for pictures. Later on, I saw another pair of ladies dressed as Shaggy and Scooby. I gathered all four of the ladies together, joined them for pictures, and had all of us entered into the costume contest at work.

Which we won. It was the first time I've ever been a winner of a costume contest, team, individual or whatever, so it felt cool. We may have cheated the system, seeing as how we won the group category even though I hadn't coordinated with either pair of ladies and neither pair knew each other.

Winning was cool, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment