Wednesday, February 8, 2023

One More Quick Thing About "That '90s Show"

I was originally going to title this piece "Ruining 'That '90s Show' With Math", but I don't like the idea of "ruining things with math" in general, and I knew I had to do a little research. For a trivial thought experiment. That's definitely not a waste of time.

Anyway, were you a fan of That '70s Show? If the answer's 'Yes', you may remember this scene:


This is from Topher Grace's last episode as a regular cast member, before his character Eric Foreman left to go teach in Africa. In this scene his girlfriend Donna appears to have decided to fulfill one last fantasy for Eric, dressing up as Princess Leia from Star Wars.

An idea I had while watching Netflix's That '90s Show was that since the main character, Leia Foreman, Eric and Donna's daughter, celebrates her 15th birthday after July but before September in 1995, she must have been born in 1980.

Which means that Donna must have been pregnant in the last scene of That '70s Show's last episode, when she tearfully greets Eric in the driveway after he's finally made it back stateside for New Year's Eve and the end of the 1970s.

After looking it up, I found out that the entirety of the seventh season, Topher's last as a regular, took place in 1979, and it seems like the picture above, and later, below, after the grease fire, had to have been at the end of the summer:


And seems like the right time for Donna to end up pregnant.

Unless Eric isn't the father, which doesn't seem it was the plan, based on the look, neuroses, and strengths that attribute to Leia Foreman.

Anyway, I liked the reboot. I guess I'm lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment