Thursday, May 11, 2023

Touch a Truck, Part 3

The first trip...

The second trip...

This was out third trip to the Touch a Truck event in a parking lot at the beach in the vicinity of Orange County. This time again we met up with one of Cass's friends, and a good time was had.


It's also right near the dog beach, hence the iron cutout Cass and Camille were posing by above. We got out later than usual (kids...am I right?), and Camille had been having issues with her guts, so I wasn't sure we would be visiting for a ton of time.

Like usual at that time of day, the event was mostly sun-blasted, but the air was very nice and the breeze was light. Most of the time I was not interested in waiting in lines, so we did lots of big, empty rigs and trailers, little commuter taxi-van type things, and the city bus...



"Too lenient" isn't a describer I'd use on myself very often, but I was amused by the parents shouting "Stop running!" or "Watch out!" at their kids while they experimented with balance and gravity. I was usually encouraging my kids in those same moments, trying to be close enough to catch them if they fell. (They did not fall.)

There was a fleet Rivian truck at the event. Rivian makes the electric pickups and SUVs that have the weird cat-eye head lights you may be seeing when driving at night. A company has purchased three and use them as tools to help explain their desire to alter climate change and spread awareness of their services. I don't remember who they were or what they do, so maybe I'm not the target audience?

Anyway, one had the hood flipped up, and I was curious what kind of motor or fancy gizmos were under the hood, so I came around the front to take a look:


It was a trunk. Um, cool.

It feels kinda weird when these events feel like old hat, so when we're here it's more like, "Let's find the weird, random things," or "Let's not wait in line..."

Maybe next year we can be on time and see the last few things we missed this year.

1 comment:

  1. Did Snow White get mobbed by her fans?? Electric cars... such a learning curve for old people like me.

    ReplyDelete