Sunday, December 10, 2023

Our Big-Ass Tree!

The story so far:

2022

2020

2016

Those are links to past posts about our Decemberween tree shenanigans.

Across those links, I may have described about how I grew up in a fake-tree household. We would get wreaths for the smell, but the tree itself was plastic. At first, anyway, as eventually we got a very nice fake tree, the kind that photograph well.

One year we got a real tree, a small, scrawny tree, that today is called a "Charlie Brown Tree" and is both fashionable and expensive. That year we got it because we were leaving town (I think) and wouldn't be around for so long. But most years it was not real. (The scrawny tree year may have been the year in between our two fake trees.)

The first real tree I was a part of while I lived on "my own" (with Corrie instead of the fellas) was when Corrie and I bought a real tree for Tux to wreck. We thought it would be cool for him to destroy it, or to pull it down and smash ur ornaments. Turns out he was terrified of it.

We started getting real trees (again?) when Cass was born. The 2016 link above talks about the bushy-ness, the wide girth, if not having the height of a grand tree.

This year we may have purchased the largest tree we've ever had. The 2022 link above has pictures of both 2022 and 2021, and I was thinking of mocking something like that up here. But check it out, nearly 10 feet with the stand:


I love our big-ass tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment