Sunday, March 17, 2024

Happy St. Paddy's 2024

I got off work early on Friday and so was able to take Cass to his swim lessons. Afterwards, instead of zooming straight away to get Camille, we stopped by Dave and Busters, the location that Corrie has been taking him to on Fridays. Instead of video games, we talked sports. It was pretty cool:


But the beer drinking is part of my, er, discussion about St. Paddy's (or, as Corrie lovingly refers to it around here, St. Daddy's Day).

I had a beer as we watched college basketball and ladies beach volleyball. Is it always booze for the 'Irish' is us? Maybe...

Today, as Sundays are usually labeled, is a work day for me.  Laundry, grocery shopping, farm-box ordering and menu-listing bookend the work I do at home for the J-O-B.

So, oddly enough, Camille came with me to do laundry today:


I'm usually on my own for the washing and drying. It takes barely an hour, and once I get home, Corrie and I fold it all in a half-hour. So much better than taking over the laundry room in our building for the entire day.

Anyway, Happy St. Patrick's Day! In the past I've typed about the background of the day and the legends that surround the people claimed as the patron saint of Ireland. Today, though, is about chores, playing games with kids (Cass is setting up Catan right now!), cooking corned beef (it'll be ready in a few hours!), watching the Beer Baron episode of the Simpsons, and possibly getting in a few drinks in between.

Be safe out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment