Monday, August 31, 2009

Quick Fires-Ravage-LA Note

A friend of the family on my mom's side is living in the LA area, and because of the raging fires, they've been asked to evacuate. Pretty scary, I'd imagine.


Bobbi Parker is her name, and her son, Scott, is also living in the area, and it sounds like while the state is calling for the evacuation, his town isn't, telling their citizens that an evacuation is unnecessary. It would be nice to get that directive straight.


In any case, Scott took a picture of smoke billowing in the distance, which I've included here. While this photo may not have the crazy action of wildfire or firefighters vs blaze that win Pulitzers, it does have, on the right, a tan house. This picture was taken in La Crascenta, in the Los Angeles area, and the tan house was the house in which my mom grew up. Pretty crazy.


2 comments:

  1. Dude, I had to know that house was in La Crascenta, but I seem to have just remembered. Trippy part is, I spent the majority of the time I lived in L.A. in La Crascenta on Pickens street. Another link in the Sherwood/Shumacher/Gillan "Trinity"

    ReplyDelete
  2. that mountain has burned.... it's all gone... but the terrific firefighters saved the houses....

    I've asked for a new picture... I'll send it to Patrick when i get it..

    ReplyDelete