Friday, January 8, 2010

Not-so-Full Pictures

I'm too old for...for waking up on December 25th with a headache. Later on in the day, while I was talking with my cousin Liz (and actually feeling much better, after a steady diet of tepid water and aspirin), I was pulled into the house, prematurely ending my phone call, for the following picture.



I'm going to put up some weird pictures here from the past few weeks. The one above is a rather good one of many of Corrie's siblings and cousins...

Here's one I was told to take for Norm specifically...



On the 27th many folks from Corrie's family went on a picnic to a beautiful green zone called Zilker Park. It was sunny and brisk, and we ate sandwiches under the gnarled limbs of an old oak tree. Later, as we walked, we decided to take a group picture. Corrie's cousin, with a brand new (gift) SLR camera had trouble finding the timer function, so I ran over and set mine up, and snapped the picture. My camera is no SLR bad-ass, but it is pretty bad-ass on its own merit, and takes pretty good shots. The picture came out pretty good, only because you can zoom in or blow it up big.



One last random shot I had Corrie take as we rolled through Arkansas, a reminder of the south's status among the bible belt. I kinda laughed when I saw it originally...check out the billboard...

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the bible belt.... I remember being in B-ham working and needing to stay late on a Wednesday to help get things done.. but nope the school folks closed up they had to get home and changed cause it was Church night... they also had to root for Ruben on American Idol....

    Where I'm guessing you and I would look at that sign and use it as more of an expleltive.. *** the traffic is bad...

    ReplyDelete