Tuesday, July 20, 2010

299 And Counting...

I'm fairly sure this is my two-hundredth-and-ninety-ninth blog post, which is pretty cool. Back in February I thought I'd be getting to three-hundred pretty quickly, but after just two in March...I hit it again in April and May, and sometime soon, I'll be at that elusive #300.

One thing in store for my three-hundredth post is a redesign of this sight, mostly cosmetic of course...I don't want to startle any of my loyal readers, and if one of you lovable folks gets to the blog after the update, this entry will be outdated and slightly ridiculous. Later today I am planning another long bike ride, mostly the same trip I took before, but instead of to the river, there are some photos I want to take of the city.

In our feeble attempts to work-out, Corrie picked us up a soccer ball, and we've taken to playing with it at the end of our regimen. The other day I displayed my hard earned "grace" by running at nearly full speed while dribbling the soccer ball and having my left foot come down directly on the ball. Oh yeah. Once it happened and I was going down, everything seemed to turn into slow motion; I remember thinking, 'Ah shit. Brace for it...' If the idea or image of a sweaty man with a pink beer-belly flying through the air and crashing into a patch of prickly grass doesn't crack you up, then you've probably been ditching that class in American humor titled "Pain is Funny When it's Someone Else".

The bruise on my hip has been overshadowed by the sunburn on my thighs as a result of sitting in an inter-tube for four hours this past Sunday. It was awesome, riding the gently meandering Guadalupe River just south of San Marcos. Quit an afternoon activity. Some sunburns aren't that big of a deal.

Keep an eye out for the redesign!

1 comment:

  1. The injury sounds painful... the sunburn... well you know better but slowly cruising down a river on a warm summer day is really the best thing in life....

    my workout regimen has taken another blow with my right knee acting up... the MRI was today... it will be mid August before I can get the results.. the time delay is due to my vacation... not the doctor being booked...

    prickly grass and sweat... not a good combination...cool shower will help that out...

    ReplyDelete