Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Scenic Route Home

On the mend now, after an unfortunate accident last Friday (I'll get to that later), but to finish the "Dan and Lupita's Wedding" series, we took the scenic route home from Sacramento. We didn't plan it like that, but when we got to I-5, I decided to just keep going down I-80 towards San Francisco.

We decided to get a cup of coffee and a pastry in SF, then head down 280 to San Jose and pick up 101, and head back to Long Beach along a different, more scenic route, adding a few extra hours onto the trip.

We found a parking spot in North Beach close to Coit Tower, found a coffee shop, then, seeing how much time we had on our meter, went for a hike up to the tower.


From the hill leading up to the tower...


What set of San Francisco pictures would be complete without the Trans America Pyramid.


I wanted to get this picture for many years. This is very hard to see, but...this is an on ramp to Hwy 101, the right lane heads north and the left lane heads south, and painted on the ground are the ultimate big city abbreviations: LA on the left, and SF on the right.


Stopping for a pee break in Ventura we pulled into a gas station that had lower prices for cash than for credit cards (we didn't need gas at the time). Taking a look at the pumps, one could see that they all had cash values showing as the last purchases, one $20, two $10s, and this one, so sad I had to take a picture.


Five bucks only got this person 1.18 gallons; that's like a gallon and a fifth of gas.

So, now, I'm pretty much done with the set of posts about the wedding, and all of the collateral aspects of hanging out in Sacramento for a week. It was fun, and it was hot. I'll leave my few readers with an image of an inside joke that caused much laughter and steam release among the bride, groom, and yours truly:


I colored it in. The Map.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you took the scenic route home.. that explains how I beat you home when I flew home at 7 something. Great pictures, and I did like the map.. sadly we didn't have it copied, I do like the colorized version much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All in good fun, all in good fun...

    ReplyDelete