Monday, December 24, 2012

Year in Review

1.

'Tis the season. 2012 saw a few crazy things happen. Starting in January I tried to change the nature of the posts I placed here.

That took for a maybe eight posts, and eventually resulted in the starting of the second blog in the Caliboy Network, the Caliboy Observatory. I realized that the nature of this forum, the short-form idea release, shouldn't be focused solely on long-form literary posts.

Those posts from January are some of my favorite posts, and the ringleader is probably Maintaining on the Queen Mary.

2.

In February Corrie and I went to Honduras to visit some Mayan ruins for her birthday. I put all those posts up on the Observatory site, with a table of contents with links here. Some of the cool posts included therein are:
1) Birthday at the Ruins;
2) View from an Autobus;
3) Watching the Super Bowl in Honduras.

3.

Between March and April I started a whole series of new blogs. They covered food, sports, books and my twisted idea of what pop-culture used to be.

Some of the highlights include: 
1) From the home cooking site, Gonzo Cuisine an easy Indian food recipe;
2) From the sports site So Cal Sports Visions, Tennis Memories;
2) From the library blog Fond Memories;
4) Lastly, as an example of my pop-culture ideas, check out this about the Simpsons.

4.

The Olympics came and went this year, and I wrote some words about it after the fact.

5.

My brother Dan got married in June. Here are some of the ceremony pictures. The surrounding posts from those days have lots about the trip to Sac.

6.

I even wrote some things about some close friends. You know who you are.

7.

The post that most closely resembles a 2009 post: Phonic Discussion of Different Language Families.

8.

And then I broke my leg.

9.

I started some more blogs, one with Norm, one about flags and logos (which has turned out to be pretty popular), and one with my pops and brother. That one's called Sherwood and Sons.

It has been a lot of writing this year.

Lots...

10.

In October I tried to post something on each day of the month. I called it (after the fact) the October Folly. If you look at this--the Caliboyinbrooklyn site--for the month of October, you'll see links on almost everyday of the month, ending with the Halloween super post day: Halloween Links.

11.

Then we went on crazy adventures; Salton Sea, Joshua Tree, Arizona for Thanksgiving...

12.

Happy Decemberween; Happy Holidays; peace to you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment