Thursday, January 24, 2013

What is that sound?

I was in bed in a twilight state the other morning while Corrie was showering before work. It sounded like someone was eating potato chips right behind my head.

Crunchy, salty, greasy potato chips. I cracked my eyes a little and saw my bookshelf, blurry with the sleepy eye sand of the night. trying to wrap my waking brain around the crunch I turned around to get a look.

It was Tuxedo, and he was biting and chewing the dried leaves of some bedside flowers that could be ready for the dustbin.

I shooed him away. He's chewed up plenty of our plants before, and some of the ones that even made him sick he went back and chewed again. When we started looking into which house plants were poisonous to cats we made sure we didn't have any of the serious offenders. Some plants won't kill, but there's quite a spectrum between harmless and death. He doesn't ever seem fazed by any of it.

He has a vendetta against the lilies. We've had to put them out of reach because he goes after them like it's personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment