Monday, May 29, 2017

Around Town

We've been walking around town a lot lately. It's a good way for us to get exercise, especially with a 25 pound wiggly bag of cement strapped to your chest.

Around the neighborhood, some new wall paintings/murals have been showing up, and they're pretty cool.

The first is on the wall f our old haberdashery:


The establishment is now a boutique clothing shop. I purchased two hats at the haberdashery over the years, one of which I nearly wore out, and the other is a bowler I usually bring out only for St. Patrick's Day.

I believe the outer images are based on photographs in a rather straightforward manner, and the central is both haunting and awesome.

On one wall of the historic landmark Acres of Books this graffiti mural showed up:


That one is literally down our street, and it reminds me what a vibrant we're living in.

No comments:

Post a Comment