Saturday, May 20, 2017

Happy Birthday Dan!

Each year my brother gets closer and closer to my age... Today we went on a hike to celebrate.

But by "we" I don't mean him and I, just myself with my own peeps. Dan and I are about 400 miles apart.

But we went over to Point Fermin. There's a park at the end of Gaffey Street in San Pedro. San Pedro sits on the other side of the port from us in Long Beach, but whereas Long Beach is flat with the Signal Hill bump, San Pedro sits on the most southerly roll of the Ranch Palos Verde Peninsula, an erstwhile Channel Island that has turned into a peninsula though eons of the river deposits that created the LA Basin.

Anyway, Dan's Birthday today was the first time we ever went down to the Point Fermin park at the end of Gaffey, so it wasn't until today that I realized that this hike was only fifteen minutes away from home, essentially three towns over:


Down at the bottom is almost like Montan(y)a de Oro:


Cass loved him some palm tree smacking, standing tall with no help:


The Point is the sight of a historical lighthouse, a spot open to visitors between the hours of 1 and 4:


It looked pretty cool but we didn't get inside. Bummer.

Anyway, happy birthday Dan! Hope the movie and steak were both as good as I imagine!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Daniel.....
    Look at that boy standing by his self....oh boy... thank you for the story and the pictures...

    ReplyDelete