Friday, December 22, 2017

City Boy and His Son Drive a Tractor

Magic Time at the Farm, Part Two:

City Boy and His Son Drive a Tractor

For a boy growing up in the urban environment of Long Beach, California, Cass has an unmistakable affection for tractors, buses, and trains. But tractors especially.

And seeing how the Dolmans recently purchased a tractor for the Farm, we knew Cass would love the experience of being close to, and possibly even riding, a tractor.


"Enjoy" barely begins to describe it. He freaking went ballistic.


And then they had me drive it.

With Cass in my lap.

At first the rumblings were hypnotic as I performed some grass-cutting duties. Cass, in my lap, was having a good time, laughing and carrying on.

I came back in, and mentioned that I could keep going, if they didn't mind.

Ron laughed and sent me back out.

For what could have been an hour, I drove the tractor in looping circles around the property, concentrically mowing a swath of grasslands. Cass, a city boy's boy and one himself, fell asleep on my lap, safely buckled up.

Take a six pack and a doob and you've got a helluva zen afternoon.

1 comment: