Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Life Cycle of a Visitor

I've mentioned the photo corkboard in the past that lives on one of the Cabin's walls. This time, we set my mom up on the steps where my Nana, her grandmother, posed for a picture, and we put Camille in her arms. We took a Polaroid of the two of them and then put it up on the board, close to the picture of Nana.

My mom next to her grandmother, while holding her own granddaughter. This is kind of the point of this post.

My mom traveled to the Cabin as a kid, her first visit at age 8 or 9. 

Then she brought her kids, my brother and I, to the Cabin. We got to hang out alone (as a family) and then with her mom, our grandmother (who herself brought her own kids to the Cabin).

Now I bring my kids to the Cabin, to visit their grandmother, my mom.

My mom went from the kid, to the parent, to the grandparent.

I'm on Part Two of that cycle.

Corrie's family Farm, in northern Texas, has been in the family longer, but rarely is there a spot where the family can pose generation after generation to take pictures and compare over the decades.

More of my privilege showing...

No comments:

Post a Comment